Monday, December 23, 2013

State Of Decay: GTA with Zombies

Zombie Apocalypse? meh. There's a LOT of zombie games, either it was a survival, killing, or even be the zombie itself. But this game, it really brings a fresh idea on the terms "zombie apocalypse".
The name is State Of Decay, a sandbox a.k.a. open world games covered by flesh-eating monsters or zombies as we know it.
The first time I played this game I feels like, it would be like the other zombie themed games, but I was wrong, instead of just shooting the zombies, this game really delivers a new taste of survival and a feeling of insecure, or something like that (i don't know how to describe it XD).

Okay, so the feature I loved the most was its "open-world" feature. The game really makes me feels like I'm inside the game. Looking for a safehouse and fortify it for my protection, etc.
Even more, I have to think about myself and my group. We need supplies and resources to survive this hell-hole, so the only way to acquire it isn't go to the local liquor store and buy something, it's a zombie apocalypse, the world as you know it was gone, so you gonna have some STEALING. Not to rob a bank of course, but to scavenge what was left from buildings and towns nearby. This is what makes me really really amazed, this is my first time experienced my own Zombieland movie. So I picked up my crowbar, reload my revolver, head outside, and grab something worth while chopping the zombies' heads off. It was pretty COOL!



Yeah, you can't find this kind of feeling when you play most zombie games over the internet. But this one is really fresh, well-made, and adorable. It makes you SICK. Just imagine it, you have this car plenty of fuel and ready to go, while theres a tons of zombies crawling on the streets holding your way, and theres an idea in your head(crazy idea), you RAN over them and get the hell outta there. So that's it, you hit the pedal, and start running them over one-by-one, and you thought, "those stupid zombies are dumb". That's an art of gameplay right? you gotta love what you do, and do what you love, so as long as you're entertained and enjoyed the game, you'll love it. xD




Enough of this, I have to finish this review now 'cause I wanna take a bath(yeah, thats true).
So that was the gameplay, how about the other features? The survival feeling and objectives really looks like a real life situation where you have to find a food cache in the supermarket when your stock is empty. And there's another too, you may find any other survivor in the town or in the forest or wherever they are. In that case, you'll be given a choice either ask them to join your group or just leave them behind. I just can't describe how great the gameplay aspect was, but trust me, it's AMAZING. If you ever played DayZ, you got the point.

Next, we do not care too much about graphics right? well, graphics is adorable, good-looking, and some kind of stunning. But we don't really care about graphics, so I skip this aspect to the story. The story of SoD is based on what you have done and what choices you made. If you choose to acquire some supplies without any help from others, you will earn some kind of Influence or respect as we know it. This Influence thing is works like a money, if you ran out of ammo and need some from the supply crate, you need Influence to actually BUY the ammo you need. This Influence is some kind of respect from the other survivor in your group, you can earn it by collecting supplies, helping peoples, clearing out the Infestations, etc. So far, I've played the game about 8-12 hours, and I found no conclusion or ending in the game, it just about survival everyday, its like an endless game.

So that's it, I've done this review at last! Now I can go take a bath.. xD
Happy gaming! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment