Wednesday, December 25, 2013

To The Moon: Prepare your Feels™

To The Moon: Prepare your Feels™ thats what the game should be named. Why? Because it HITS you right in the feels. Actually, this is THE first game that makes me crying.. actually not crying, just.. sad(big lies).
Anyway, I finished the game twice but in the second ending I still got a teardrop from my eye ;_;
It's not so often I find games that impresses me or SURPRISES me at the second time, but this one is different. I really got myself into the well-driven story of the game. I don't care about people mocking me i'm a pussy for being sad because of a game. I really DON'T care! Those sons of *****es doesn't know how's it look like, when you play a game and you're really getting yourself into the game, you'll know it. No matter how tough you are, you will still took a LOT of hits in the feels. Actually, every games that I've played, I always pretending and getting myself into the game, to gain the atmosphere, to love the game itself, and to give myself my own experience.
Okay, enough chit-chat, I'm here to review the game anyway, so.. let's just start.

First things first, this game is made by Freebird Games, you may not so-familiar with this name, its an indie you know, the creator of The Mirror Lied and two others which I don't know the name c:
One thing you should know about this dev, Freebird Games always make sure their customers are satisfied with their game's story a.k.a. a great story-maker. Their games always good in story aspects, its perfect for gamers who doesn't have the graphics to bother them, because this game are made using RPG Maker XP, which gives the player a classic-themed looking graphics. Well thats should get you the point, the story of the game is so Amazing, Stunning, Jaw-dropping, Impressing, Well-driven, and.. what else? I dunno, its just PERFECT.
The controls are basically the same as the other small RPGs made by RPG Maker over the internet. You can use mouse as a navigating and look around and also interacting with things. Or, you can use your keyboard(in case your mouse has been eaten by your cat.. wait, what? nvm) to play instead.

What about the gameplay? the gameplay mechanics of this game is pretty simple, you just have to look around, searching for mementos(some kinda objective to finish a part of the memory), and then travel to the other's memory, its like playing god, you can change the fate of the man, but only in his memories, not in the real life, like some kind of suggestions or something like that.
So far, the only flaws I found in the game is its graphics, its not a big deal though, but I surely hope there'll be a remake of this game with HD version, but thats okay, as long as I can read the text, and understand everything's inside the game, its fine for me.
Oh, and one more thing, Kan R. Gao are really good at making the player got themselves into the game, he put a background music that matches the situation of the game currently running. That's really impressive. By the way, if you're getting this game on steam, I recommend you to get the one with the original soundtrack of the game, because its REALLY worth it.
A collaboration of a lady singer Laura Shigihara and a great instrument player Kan R. Gao really got myself deep-down into the game.

Well, I think that's all, and I hope you enjoyed it.
Happy gaming! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment